by Debbie Leoni
Annual Meeting, May 15, 12:30pm
Come As You Are - Because Your Voice Matters!
I don't know if you've experienced this, but I've attended Annual Meetings at various church congregations where all it felt like was an obligation. I knew I was "supposed" to attend, but I really did not want to spend extra time in another meeting, particularly when Sundays are my time for ME!
I would leave feeling informed as to the state of the church, yet I didn't feel as though my presence mattered. I wonder if my sentiments are one of the reasons why Annual Meetings are not always fully attended.
Being a part of the UUSG community feels like more than a community. It feels like a family and because of this, I want to know the state of the church AND I want to be heard. I want to have the opportunity to share my joys and concerns and offer my treasures to the best of my ability.
This is exactly what the UUSG Board of Directors wants for you as well: to be informed and to be heard because your voice matters, just as it does within your family.
Here's what you can expect as our "family" comes together at the Annual Meeting on May 15:
- A financial report on fiscal year 2015-2016
- The fiscal year 2016-2017 budget and how we intend to meet the budget
- The presentation of the candidates for fiscal year 2016-2017 Board of Directors
- Election results, presentation of the fiscal year 2016-2017 Board of Directors and Nominating Committee
- The presentation of the proposed bylaw changes
- Opportunity for Q & A
- Opportunity to contribute solutions to our challenges ahead
- Opportunity to share concerns with church leadership
- Exercise your right as a voting member
- Socializing with friends and church family
- Share what UUSG means to you!
What if the Annual Meeting was the most powerful kickoff to the best year ever at UUSG?! We are ready and we look forward to hearing your voice!
Questions or comments? Contact the Board of Directors.