Expectations for Children and Youth
Expectations for children and youth
All children and youth participating in UUSG LRE programs, regardless of age, are expected to do their best to live out our covenant and our UU principles. We ask everyone to follow three basic rules:
- Respect yourself and all others.
- Don’t cause harm.
- Everyone gets to participate.
Some specifics that fall under these basic expectations include:
- Follow instructions of teachers, advisors and chaperones.
- No violence or threats.
- Avoid hurtful words.
- Don’t exclude others.
- If you cause harm, try to fix it.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Be honest, and keep your promises.
- Show up on time.
- Participate to the best of your ability.
- No horseplay, roughhousing, or other risky conduct.
- No illegal drugs, and no alcohol at any LRE activity involving children, youth, or young adults under 21.
- No electronics, unless they are being used for a specific, approved purpose as part of a group activity.